As the World Cup kicks off today and advertisers jockey for position in soccer’s quadrennial superevent, it isn’t a flashy commercial but a muted, brooding print ad that’s getting most of the attention—including staggering like counts on Instagram and plaudits from every corner of the ad world and beyond.
Click here to read the story at musebycl.io.
- What is celebrity endorsement?
- What is influencer marketing?
- What is the difference between endorsement and influencer marketing?
- Which might best describe the Louis Vuitton, Messi/Ronaldo advertisement?
- How do brands determine which athletes, celebrities or influencers to partner with with? What characteristics do you think they look for?
- Why would Louis Vuitton want to invest in advertising around the World Cup?
- Why is social media important to this campaign?
- How many people have viewed the Instagram posts from Messi and Ronaldo?
- Why is that important?
- Do you think Louis Vuitton views this campaign as a success? Why or why not?