That’s the fast version of the Julio Rodríguez story. It is apropos to the Mariners’ center fielder and the way baseball will be played this year. Julio is fast. Fast runner. Fast talker. Fast learner. Fast tracked.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Which best describes this news story?
- Have you ever heard of Julio Rodriguez?
- How many Major League Baseball star players can you identify?
- Why do you think MLB has faced some criticism for a lack of promoting its star players?
- How important do you think it is for pro sports leagues like MLB to promote its star players?
- How do you think a lack of recognizable stars has impacted MLB in the past 10-20 years?
- Why does the author of this story think Julio Rodriguez is the star MLB “needs”?
- Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What makes Rodriguez so marketable?
- How could Rodriguez help to elevate the popularity of MLB?
- Why might a business or brand want to sign Rodriguez to an endorsement deal? What companies might offer a good fit?