Taylor Swift’s star has never shined brighter. From her blockbuster Eras Tour to her recent NFL appearances, the pop star has become a beacon of economic success.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is fandom?
- How might “Swifties” represent an example of fandom?
- Why has the fandom surrounding Taylor Swift impacted the NFL?
- According to information from this story, how has the fandom surrounding Taylor Swift impacted the NFL?
- What is publicity?
- How has Taylor Swift helped the NFL to generate publicity?
- Taylor Swift’s “Eras” film tour has already surpassed the $100 million mark in advance global ticket sales. How might the publicity from the recent NFL coverage help to sell more movie tickets?
- Is that an example of cross promotion? Why or why not?
- What is a brand?
- Is Taylor Swift a brand? Is Travis Kelce a brand?
- How has his relationship with Taylor Swift impacted Travis Kelce’s brand?
- If the relationship doesn’t last, do you think it could ulitmately end up having a negative impact on his brand? Why or why not?
- What is product endorsement?
- How has his relationship with Taylor Swift impacted the brands Travis Kelce endorses (notably Campbell Soup)?
- What are analytics?
- What are some ways a business or brand can evaluate the effectiveness of an ad or marketing campaign?
- What have the analytics suggested about Taylor Swift’s impact on the ad campaigns that feature Travis Kelce?
- Explain what the headline of this story suggests by saying “Marketing enters its Taylor Swift era: Here’s what the numbers say.”
- What do the numbers say?