McDonald’s unveiled its largest global campaign to date timed to the 2022 FIFA World Cup, per details shared with Marketing Dive. Titled, “Wanna go to McDonald’s?,” the effort will launch across 75 markets at the same time.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do you think McDonald’s invests millions of dollars in a partnership with FIFA and the World Cup?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is activation important?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how is McDonald’s activating their sponsorship around the World Cup?
- Why do you think the strategy includes a country-specific activation plan? Why not just use the same activation everywhere?
- What is one example of a country-specific activation from McDonald’s for the World Cup?
- What is influencer marketing?
- How is McDonald’s leveraging influencer marketing as part of their World Cup campaign?
- How do you think they determined which celebrities and influencers for this campaign?
- What is fandom?
- How might this campaign be tapping into the concept of fandom?