Just eight days after McDonald’s kicked off its collaboration with rapper Travis Scott, the fast-food giant is reporting some ingredient shortages tied to the promotion. The meal comes with a Quarter Pounder burger with cheese, bacon and shredded lettuce, Sprite soda and fries dipped in BBQ sauce, for just $6.
Click here to read the story from cnbc.com.
Questions for Classroom Discussion
- What is product endorsement?
- How do you think endorsements from athletes and celebrities impact sales of products and services?
- Why do you think McDonald’s chose to partner with Travis Scott?
- Based on information from this story, how has the partnership impacted sales at McDonald’s?
- Before reading this story, were you already aware of the Travis Scott partnership with McDonald’s? If so, how did you hear about it? Did it make you want to go to McDonald’s? Why or why not?