Professional ice hockey is back in East Rutherford.
The Metropolitan Riveters announced Wednesday a three-year agreement to make the ice rink at the American Dream mall the team’s new home ice, beginning with this upcoming season of the Premier Hockey Federation.
Click here to read the story at news.yahoo.com.
- Who are the Metropolitan Riveters?
- What is product positioning?
- How might the Riveters’ positioning strategy differ from an NHL franchise?
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who might represent direct competition to the Riveters?
- Who might represent indirect competition?
- What is the marketing mix?
- Why is the marketing mix important to sports teams and leagues?
- What is “place” as it relates to the marketing mix?
- How might this news story represent the concept of place?
- Why do you think the Riveters will play at a mall?
- How might the new home rink impact the team’s overall marketing strategy? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.