The greatest wish of New York Mets fans around the world has finally been realized: The Wilpons will no longer be principal owners of their favorite team.
MLB owners approved the sale of the Mets to billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen on Friday for a reported $2.4 billion.
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- Why do you think the value of professional sports teams continues to rise?
- What factors might influence the value of a professional sports team?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to the financial health of a professional sports team?
- According to this story, will the Mets be profitable in the next two years?
- If the team is at risk of losing money, why would Mr. Cohen invest so much money to purchase the team?
- Why might leadership be important to help the Mets to become a winning organization on and off the field?