The Milwaukee Bucks credited a boost in merchandise sales to Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Just moments after the National Basketball Association’s reigning MVP posted on his Instagram account that he’s staying with the team until at least 2026, the “Giannis effect” went into overdrive, especially around a critical asset.
Click here to read the story from cnbc.com.
- What is the “Giannis Effect” as described in this news story?
- Do you think ALL superstar players have this kind of impact on sales for a sports team? Why or why not?
- Lesson 2.5 of your textbook discusses the importance of a quality product. How might this story provide an example of that concept?
- Based on information from this story, how did the “Giannis Effect” benefit the Milwaukee Bucks franchise?
- How might the Giannis deal help the franchise to secure a jersey sponsor? Do you think it would have been more challenging for the team to find a jersey partner without the Giannis news? Why or why not?