Major League Baseball just saw its teams spend billions of dollars in free agency, and part of the reason why is the record-setting revenue the league generated in 2022.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to Major League Baseball?
- Why is it important to MLB teams?
- How does the MLB and MLB teams generate revenue?
- What do you think the most lucrative revenue stream is for MLB and its teams?
- How do you think MLB managed to generate record revenue this year?
- What is an expense?
- How do pro sports teams generate a profit (or loss) and how is that impacted by an expense?
- What do you think the biggest expense is for major league sports teams?
- Why do you think MLB teams could afford to spend billions on free agency this year?
- Do you think this level of spending on players is sustainable if teams want to generate a profit? Why or why not?