Major League Baseball is dividing up international markets among its franchises, giving teams new commercial rights in specific areas around the globe, according to multiple people familiar with the plan.
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- Why are international markets important to Major League Baseball?
- How might targeting specific international markets help the entire league to grow?
- How might it help each individual franchise?
- Based on information from this story, describe the “International Home Marketing Areas” program from the NFL.
- Why might individual teams want to market to specific international territories?
- Why do you think MLB won’t allow every team to promote their teams in whichever international territory they want?
- What is market segmentation?
- What are the different forms of market segmentation?
- Which best describes this marketing initiative from MLB?