With a wide-reaching campaign from its new agency of record, MLB may be looking to turn the tides of slipping viewership: The 2022 World Series drew 12 million views on average per game, one of the least watched championship series in history.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Why is that an important distinction to make as it relates to the business of sports and entertainment?
- Why is it important that sports leagues continually work to improve their product?
- What has MLB done to try to improve their product?
- Why do you think they have introduced new rules this season?
- What is a marketing campaign?
- Why would MLB launch a marketing campaign to coincide with opening day?
- What is an advertising agency?
- Why would MLB contract an agency like Wieden + Kennedy?
- What is a tagline?
- Why do you think marketing campaigns sometimes include taglines?
- What is the tagline for this campaign?
- What information do you think MLB is trying to communicate to fans through this campaign?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what is MLB Life?
- What is content marketing?
- How might MLB Life illustrate the concept of content marketing?