MLB’s restructuring earlier this year was ushered in with significant fanfare. New rules have led to shorter, more dynamic gameplay and a major campaign launched in March signaled a new age for baseball.
Click here to read the story at finance.yahoo.com.
- What is a sports product?
- Is MLB a sports product? Why or why not?
- What did MLB do to help improve the product?
- How has that impacted its business?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do businesses and brands invest in sponsorship?
- How do you think businesses and brands determine which sports and entertainment properties to sponsor?
- What type of business might be interested in a MLB sponsorship?
- According to this story, how many new sponsors did MLB secure this season?
- What does that tell you about how businesses and brands view the MLB product?
- What is a sponsorship category?
- Which category is the top sponsor for MLB?
- Which category saw the biggest gain when compared to last year?
- Why do you think businesses and brands in that category are interested in MLB sponsorship?
- What is consumer behavior?
- How have changes in consumer tastes changed MLB advertising, based on what you learned in this news story?
- What is fan experience?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how might sponsorship impact the fan experience?