Major League Baseball and the Colorado Rockies announced plans to restore 30 million gallons of water into the Colorado River. The commitment comes after the river experienced its driest 12-month period on record over the past year.
Click here to read the story at sporttechie.com.
- What are sports and entertainment communications?
- Why are communications important to a sports team’s overall business and marketing strategy?
- What are community relations?
- According to your textbook (The Business of Sports and Entertainment), what are the different ways community relations programs are implemented?
- Which best describes this initiative from the Colorado Rockies?
- What are social issues in sports and entertainment?
- How might this news story represent an example of social issues in sports and entertainment?
- Why do you think Major League Baseball and the Rockies launched this project?
- Do you think sports teams and leagues have a responsibility to be more involved with initiatives like this one? Why or why not?
- What are some social issues that sports or entertainment organizations in your area might be able to lend their support to? How? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.