Following the success of the NHL’s Winter Classic and MLB’s Field of Dreams game, the NBA is looking to get in on hosting games at non-traditional venues.
According to NBA Executive Vice President Evan Wasch on The Crossover podcast, the Association continues to explore the feasibility of outdoor games or even setting up a hardwood floor someplace other than the league’s current arenas.
Click here to read the story at bleacherreport.com.
- What is the difference between sports marketing and sports management?
- What is the event triangle?
- What is a venue as it relates to event management and marketing?
- Why would the NBA be interested in hosting games at a non-traditional venue?
- If you were the NBA, what venue would you select?
- From an event marketing perspective, how might the NBA promote an event a non-traditional venue?
- What logistics might event organizers need to prepare for from an event planning perspective?