While this year’s NBA Finals lack an A-list star on the court, the league is marketing the series like a blockbuster. In November the NBA hired then-Paramount executive Tammy Henault as CMO, and she leaned on her Hollywood experience while building this year’s “We Are All In The Finals” campaign.
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sport and marketing through sports?
- Which best describes the NBA Finals marketing campaign?
- What is a tagline?
- Why are taglines used in marketing campaigns?
- What is the tagline being used in this year’s NBA Finals marketing campaign?
- What message is the league communicating to consumers with this campaign?
- Why do you think the campaign features celebrity cameos?
- What is market research?
- What are the different types of market research?
- Why is market research important to marketing professionals?
- How did the NBA utilize market research as part of this campaign?
- What are demographics?
- What role did analyzing demographic information have in determining which celebrities would appear in the NBA Finals marketing campaign?
- Why did the NBA send the Finals trophy (Larry O’Brien trophy) on a tour?
- What stops were included in that tour (based on what you learned from this news story)?
- What was the result of that tour from a marketing perspective?
- What is digital marketing?
- What is a QR code?
- How might QR codes illustrate the concept of digital marketing?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, how is the NBA using QR codes as part of this campaign?