Adam Silver was all smiles as he entered a New York City hotel last Tuesday to give a room filled with sports executives an update on the National Basketball Association.
Click here to read the story at CNBC.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to the NBA and its teams?
- How do sports teams and leagues generate revenue? List at least three different examples of revenue streams.
- How did the pandemic impact NBA revenues?
- What are broadcast rights?
- How do teams and leagues generate revenue through broadcast rights?
- The headline of this story suggests the NBA is expected to generate millions in revenue but TV viewership is a big question. What does that mean?
- Why do you think viewership is important to the NBA?
- Why do you think viewership is down?
- In your opinion, will viewership bounce back for the NBA? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.