The NBA’s new app is proof that TikTok continues to exert its influence on the world of entertainment programming. The sports-focused offering is clearly designed to appeal to the younger generation, offering vertical video and user-specific, “social-style” content that could help drive Gen Z interest and keep consumers engaged on and off game days.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is digital marketing?
- Why is digital marketing important in sports and entertainment?
- Why are apps important to sports teams?
- What is the fan experience?
- How do apps help to improve the fan experience?
- What is fan engagement?
- How can apps (and other forms of digital marketing) help teams and leagues to maximize levels of fan engagement?
- What is a target market?
- Based on information from this story, what are some of the updates included with the NBA’s app refresh?
- Who is the NBA targeting with the updated app?
- Why might that demographic be important to the league?
- What is NBA ID?
- What is brand loyalty?
- How might NBA ID help boost levels of brand loyalty?
- Why is brand loyalty important?