The NCAA had $1.155 billion in total revenue for its 2021 fiscal year, as its finances returned to nearly normal conditions after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancelation of the 2020 Division I men’s basketball tournament, the association’s new audited financial statement shows.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to the NCAA?
- How does the NCAA generate revenue?
- What are ticket sales?
- Why are ticket sales important to a sports and entertainment organization?
- How has the pandemic impacted the NCAA’s ability to generate revenue?
- Based on information from this story, how did the NCAA manage to generate record revenue?
- The headline of the story suggests the “prospect of pandemic impacts looms.” What does that mean and do you think the NCAA should be concerned? Why or why not?