The NCAA is making several changes to the NCAA women’s basketball tournament after the organization faced criticism for the disparity in equipment and marketing compared to the men’s tourney last year.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- Why is the NCAA being criticized for the differences between the men’s and women’s basketball tournament?
- Why do you think there has been a disparity between the two in the past?
- Based on information from this story, what is the NCAA doing to correct those disparities?
- Why do you think they are taking those actions?
- In your opinion, are they doing enough? Why or why not?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important in the sports industry?
- What would you do if you were in a leadership position at the NCAA to create more equality between men’s and women’s basketball?
- What challenges might you face in implementing those changes?
- Overall, why do you think this is such an important topic in sports?