Netflix has partnered with fashion brand Lacoste for a new collection inspired by some of the streamer’s most popular shows, according to a press release. The collection launches April 12.
Click here to read the story at marketing dive.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Netflix a brand? What about Lacoste?
- What is co-branding?
- Why might Lacoste want to partner with Netflix?
- Why would Netflix want to partner with Lacoste?
- Why do you think brands sometimes collaborate like this?
- What is merchandising?
- Why is merchandising important to Netflix?
- What is licensing?
- Would it be legal for you to print images featuring characters from Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’ on a t-shirt and sell it online? Why or why not?
- How do you think Netflix and Lacoste determined which shows would be featured in this co-branded merchandise collection?
- What is price?
- Why is price an important component of the marketing mix?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what might the pricing strategy be for this collection?
- With a higher price point, what type of consumer demographic might the brands be targeting?