Netflix is finally mixing games into its gargantuan library of content. It’s a huge power play and a markedly different approach from rival services that are primarily focused on snapping up IP. It’s a new way for Netflix to keep subscribers hooked on its service — and gaming could just be its winning play for continued streaming dominance.
Click here to read the story at theverge.com.
- Why do you think Netflix is getting into gaming?
- What is a brand?
- How might the Netflix brand impact its launch of the new gaming service?
- What does differentiation mean from a marketing perspective?
- Who might represent competition for Netflix in the gaming space?
- How might Netflix establish a differentiation strategy for its gaming service?
- In your opinion, will Netflix’s entry into the gaming market prove to be a success? Why or why not?