Space Entertainment Enterprise (S.E.E), the company co-producing Tom Cruise’s upcoming space movie, plan to launch a sports arena and production studio in zero gravity.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- Why would a company want to build a film studio in space?
- What is publicity?
- How might the news of a space studio help boost awareness for Tom Cruise’s upcoming film?
- Do you think this is a viable business model or do you think a film studio in space might prove to be too costly from a film production perspective? Why?
- Based on information from this story, what does S.E.E. have planned for sports?
- Do you think that idea will prove to be popular with sports fans? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, will this be a successful venture for S.E.E. ten years from now? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.