The Super League project is “very much alive” according to Bernd Reichart, the new CEO of A22 Sports Management, the company promoting the revamped plan.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is the “Super League”?
- Why was the Super League so controversial?
- What does it mean that the project is “very much alive” as discussed in this news story?
- What is publicity?
- What type of publicity has the Super League generated?
- Who are soccer’s (football) governing bodies?
- Why are they against the creation of the Super League?
- How do you think fans feel about the possibility of a Super League?
- What is the FIFA World Cup?
- Why do you think the news about the Super League project being “alive” is coming out just before the World Cup?
- How might the World Cup and coverage of the event impact the future of the Super League? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.