The NFL continues to grow globally.
The league announced Wednesday that 18 teams have been awarded marketing rights across eight different countries. This initiative, known as the International Home Marketing Areas program, grants clubs access to international territories for marketing, fan engagement and commercialization as they build their global brands and drive NFL fan growth internationally.
Click here to read the story at nfl.com.
- Why are international markets important to the NFL as a league?
- How might targeting specific international markets help the league to grow?
- Based on information from this story, describe the “International Home Marketing Areas” program from the NFL.
- What is an international “territory” as it relates to the NFL’s international marketing initiative?
- Why might individual teams want to market to specific international territories?
- Why do you think the NFL won’t allow every team to promote their teams to whatever international territory they want?
- What is market segmentation?
- What are the different forms of market segmentation?
- Which best describes this marketing initiative from the NFL?