If the NFL is considering expansion and adding more franchises, the league is going to look outside the United States for its next venture.
Click here to read the story at cbssports.com.
- What is a product?
- What is the difference between a domestic and an international product?
- Which best describes the NFL?
- Why do you think the league plays regular season games in international markets?
- Where were those games played last year?
- How do you think they determined where to play those games?
- What is market segmentation?
- What are the different bases for segmentation?
- Which might this story represent?
- Why are international fans important to the growth of the NFL?
- Given the current state of the NFL, why would the league even want to grow?
- What is expansion?
- Why do you think pro sports leagues like the NFL take a cautious approach to expansion?
- What is a SWOT analysis?
- How might a SWOT help the league to determine whether expansion is a viable option?
- Why might they expand with an international division rather than adding teams domestically?
- Where do you think the league might consider adding international teams? Which cities might be under consideration?