The NFL and Pepsi officially renewed their sponsorship deal, but Super Bowl halftime rights are going back on the market.
Click here to read the story at CNBC.com.
- What is sponsorship inventory?
- How might the Super Bowl halftime show represent an example of sponsorship inventory?
- What is a rate card?
- How does this story represent the concept of a rate card?
- As it relates to the sales process in sports and entertainment, what is a renewal?
- Why are renewals important?
- According to this news story, did Pepsi renew their NFL sponsorship deal? Why?
- Why are Super Bowl halftime show rights going back on the market?
- Why do you think that piece of inventory commands such a high price point?
- What types of companies might be interested in the Super Bowl halftime show?
- Do you think a different sponsor might change the overall presentation of the halftime show? Why or why not?
- Based on information from this story, what might change about the way the NFL approaches the halftime show?