The NFL’s promotional efforts on TikTok aim to engage football fans as the league gears up for the 2020-21 season with its three-day draft event. This year’s draft is unusual in that the NFL isn’t hosting a massive live event because the coronavirus pandemic has prevented large gatherings. Instead, the league is relying on digital channels like TikTok to connect with fans, while also broadcasting the proceedings on ABC, ESPN and the NFL Network.
Click here to read the story at mobilemarketer.com.
- What is digital marketing?
- Why do you think the NFL chose to partner with TikTok as the social media platform of choice for this year’s NFL Draft promotion?
- According to information from this story, describe two ways the NFL hoped to engage fans during this year’s draft via TikTok.
- Why do you think hashtags are important to a sports marketing campaign on social media?
- Do you think the NFL views the TikTok promotion as a success? Why or why not?