For a third year, the National Hockey League is soliciting applications from fans ages 13-17 for a youth advisory board.
The NHL Power Players help advise the NHL on hockey-related topics important to their generation.
Click here to read the story at mediapost.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- Based on information from this story, what type of segmentation is the NHL using for its ‘Power Players’ program?
- Describe the NHL’s ‘Power Players’ program, based on information from the story.
- Why would the NHL be interested in the opinions of 13-17 year-olds?
- Do you think the program has provided results for the NHL? Why do you think they are bringing it back for a third year?
- What is market research?
- Is this initiative from the NHL an example of market research? Why or why not?
- Do you think other sports leagues offer similar programs? If not, should they? Be prepared to discuss your answers.