The National Hockey League is anticipating revenue to top $5 billion this season, eclipsing the league’s pre-pandemic levels.
The NHL was on pace for roughly $5 billion in revenue during 2019-20 before the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the back half of the season. The league anticipates 2021-22 revenue to top $5 billion, which would be an NHL record.
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to the NHL?
- Why is revenue important to individual NHL franchises?
- How do you think COVID-19 impacted team and league revenues?
- How do sports leagues generate revenue?
- What do you think is the biggest source of revenue for the NHL?
- What factors might influence the NHL’s anticipation of a record year in revenue?