The NHL is debuting digitally enhanced dasherboards (DED) for all games this season that will “erase and replace” the advertising found on arena rink boards with virtual ads on broadcasts.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports teams and leagues like the NHL?
- What is sponsorship inventory?
- What are dasherboards and how might that represent an example of sponsorship inventory?
- What is virtual advertising?
- How does virtual advertising represent an example of the impact of technology on the business of sports and entertainment?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, describe the new virtual signage being introduced by the NHL.
- How might virtual dasherboards open up more sponsorship inventory?
- How long has it taken for the NHL to adopt the new technology?
- Why do you think it took so long to bring the new advertising technology to the arena?