You might be a little tired of hearing about Cristiano Ronaldo, given the breathless media coverage around the soccer icon’s return to Manchester United a week ago. But he added to the headlines Wednesday by setting the record for goals scored in international games—notching No. 110 and No. 111 for Portugal in a World Cup qualifying match against Ireland.
Click here to read the story at musebycl.io.
- What is product endorsement?
- Why do you think Nike pays Ronaldo to endorse the brand’s products?
- Why do you think the brand wanted to celebrate Ronaldo breaking the goal scoring record?
- Based on information from this story, describe the various ways Nike celebrated the new record.
- How do you think that celebration might provide an example of marketing?
- What is publicity?
- How might the celebration generate publicity for the brand?
- How might that publicity benefit Nike? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.