Collaborating to inspire the next generation of female athletes, Nike announces a new grant initiative with the NFL that commits a total of $5 million in product to growing flag football within high school athletics.
This multi-year initiative will provide a one-time donation of up to $100,000 in product to state athletic associations that offer girls flag football as a high school sport or demonstrate progress by way of a pilot program beginning in 2021.
Click here to read the story at news.nike.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- How might this story provide an example of market segmentation?
- What is a target market?
- Why do you think Nike and the NFL partnered for this program?
- Who do you think they are targeting with this program?
- Why do you think it is important to both the NFL and Nike to find ways to increase the number of female athletes playing the sport of football? Be prepared to discuss your answers.