There’s still a reason for the brick-and-mortar retail store to exist — it just has to take on a new, futuristic meaning. And to find the best example of how that’s being done look no further than Nike, which over the past few years has been trying to perfect the formula for the ultimate in-store shopping experience. All in an age heavily dominated by apps.
Click here to read the story at inputmag.com.
- How has technology impacted the sports and entertainment industry from a marketing perspective?
- What is selling? Why are sales important to a company like Nike?
- What is the difference between brick-and-mortar retail sales and e-commerce?
- Based on information from this story, describe Nike’s new “Rise” store and how it might demonstrate the impact of tech in the sports industry?
- What is an “interactive” shopping experience?
- What is sustainability?
- Why might sustainability be important to Nike?
- What is Nike doing from a sustainability perspective (based on information from this story)?
- What are industry trends?
- Do you think this type of shopping experience will become a trend? Is sustainability a trend? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.