The San Francisco 49ers are not the favorites to win the Super Bowl or even their own division this season, but they are atop another list — the cost of attending an NFL game.
Click here to read the story at axios.com.
- What is pricing?
- Why is pricing an important function of sports and entertainment marketing?
- How do you think sports teams determine how much to charge for tickets?
- Why do you think some teams charge more than others?
- What is supply and demand?
- How do you think supply and demand influences ticket prices in sports and entertainment?
- What other factors might impact ticket prices?
- In addition to tickets, what other expenses are associated with attending a sporting event or concert?
- How much does it cost to attend a Niners game, based on information from this news story?
- Do you think that type of cost could ultimately result in a decline in attendance? Why or why not?
- What is fandom?
- How does fandom explain why fans are willing to pay so much to watch their favorite teams play?
- Based on information from this news story, which is the least expensive team to watch live?
- What is fan experience?
- How do you think the cost of attending an event impacts the fan experience?