When members of the inaugural National Women’s Hockey League take the ice in November, they won’t be representing the same league they’ve known the past six seasons.
Click here to read the story at seattletimes.com.
- What is branding?
- What is rebranding?
- Why is branding important to a pro sports league?
- What is the PHF?
- Why do you think the NWHL chose to rebrand?
- Why do you think the league chose to drop the word “Women’s” from its name as part of the rebrand?
- What message do you think the league hopes to communicate to its fans through this rebranding effort?
- What do you think the league can do to continue to grow? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.