Like many Americans around the country, Gwen Berry is weighing her financial options.
She is thinking about filing for unemployment, or seeing if she can get a day job, like the one she once held at Dick’s Sporting Goods, to help stem the financial tide left behind by the coronavirus.
Click here to read the story at edition.cnn.com.
- How do Olympic athletes make money?
- Do you think Olympic athletes should earn a salary? If so, who would be responsible for paying that salary?
- According to this story, why might Gwen Berry need to file for unemployment after the postponement of the Summer Games?
- What factors do brands consider when deciding which athletes to partner with?
- If you were a brand, would you sponsor an Olympic hopeful right now? Why or why not?