US-based mass media company Discovery has expanded its content and advertising partnership with Snapchat to bring Olympic Games coverage to the photo and video sharing platform’s European users.
The agreement covers the Tokyo 2020 Games, still penciled in for this summer, and the Beijing 2022 Winter Games.
Click here to read the story at sportspromedia.com.
- Why would Discovery be interested in the Olympic Games?
- What is market segmentation?
- How might defining a group of consumers as “sports fans” represent market segmentation?
- Based on information from this story, what other market segment might Discovery be hoping to attract through this partnership?
- How might advertising on Snapchat help Discovery to reach sports fans?
- How might advertising on Snapchat help Discovery to reach younger consumers?