This has not been a good week for the Baltimore Orioles.
The club has made headlines for yanking play-by-play announcer Kevin Brown off the air after he dared to mention the team’s past struggles against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Click here to read the story at nypost.com.
- What is publicity?
- What is the difference between positive and negative publicity?
- How can publicity impact a professional sports team like the Orioles?
- How would you describe the publicity generated by the Orioles’ decision to bench its play-by-play announcer?
- Can an organization control publicity?
- How can an organization manage publicity?
- What is crisis management?
- Why is crisis management important in sports and entertainment?
- How would you describe the crisis management strategy deployed by the Orioles in this case?
- According to this news story, what might be the next PR issue for the franchise?
- How do you think they should respond to any PR issues relating to the team’s stadium decisions?
- What is a sport product?
- How does winning impact the product?
- How has an on-field turnaround impacted the Orioles franchise this year?
- Why is that important to the franchise?