Major League Soccer’s Orlando City SC, which played its first season in Major League Soccer in 2015, is on the verge of being sold for about $400 million, according to a source with knowledge of the transaction.
If the sale goes through, it would represent a windfall for owner Flávio Augusto da Silva, who paid a $70 million expansion fee for the team.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- Do you think Major League Soccer teams are a good investment?
- How do you think Forbes evaluates franchise values?
- What are broadcast rights?
- According to information from this story, how much does Major League Soccer generate in broadcast rights?
- What factors might influence the value of a pro sports franchise?
- Do you think the pandemic has any influence on the value of a pro sports franchise? Why or why not?