The Erie Otters on Wednesday unveiled a new logo for the team’s 25th anniversary season as well as a commemorative third jersey.
“We are very excited to present a logo that makes us proud of our most cherished organizational accomplishments while tying in our home state recognition and, most importantly, what Erie and our community have come to know in our team’s logo,” said general manager and vice president of operations Dave Brown.
Click here to read the story at erienews.com.
- What is branding?
- Why do you think logos are an important component of a sports team’s branding strategy?
- What is promotion?
- Why do sports teams engage in promotional activities?
- What type of promotion might this news story best illustrate?
- What is merchandising?
- How might a new logo and promotion celebrating the team’s 25th anniversary help the Otters to sell more merchandise?
- Why do you think the team is opening a new store?