While the world is suffering from the impact of ‘Shrinkflation’, Papa Johns is delivering “Shaqflation” with the return of the Shaq-a-roni, adding a whole lot of EXTRA, like extra cheese and pepperoni cut into 8 large Shaq-sized slices. Papa Johns is even donating an extra dollar from every Shaq-a-Roni that goes to the Papa John’s Foundation to help families.
Click here to read the story at lbbonline.com.
- What is product positioning?
- What is shrinkflation?
- What is advertising?
- How is a “Shaqflation” advertising campaign positioning Papa Johns pizza?
- Why do you think advertising is important to Papa Johns?
- What is product endorsement?
- Why do you think Papa Johns wants Shaq to endorse the brand?
- What is cause marketing?
- Is cause marketing the same thing as philanthropy?
- Why or why not?
- Based on what you learned from this story, explain how this marketing campaign from Papa Johns illustrates the concept of cause marketing.
- What is brand loyalty?
- Based on what you learned from this story, how does the return of Shaq-a-roni represent the concept of brand loyalty?
- Why is brand loyalty important to Papa Johns?