“Paramount+ will be the leader in live sports,” CBS Entertainment Group boss George Cheeks said today in a major streaming war throw down to the likes of Olympics and Premier League home Peacock.
Coming partway through a delayed, glitchy and often repetitive corporate presentation of the March 4 launching ViacomCBS platform, Cheeks promised a plethora of sports programming from the NFL, international soccer and more.
Click here to read the story at deadline.com.
- What are industry trends?
- Why is it important for a broadcast company to monitor those trends?
- What is competition?
- Why do you think so many broadcast companies are launching independent streaming networks like Paramount+?
- What are broadcast rights?
- How might live sports help streaming companies from a competitive advantage standpoint?
- Why do you think Paramount+ is investing in sports broadcast rights?
- If you were a streaming company, what sports rights would you invest in? Be prepared to discuss your answers.