The Pepsi Zero Sugar NHL Goalie Challenge was released by the NHL on Thursday.
The first contest night of the new interactive game will be Jan. 17, and the weekly contest will allow NHL fans to showcase their knowledge by choosing a goalie for three different categories (wins, goals against, saves) from the NHL games played that day.
Click here to read the story at nhl.com.
- What is digital marketing?
- What is gamification?
- Why do you think gamification is such a popular marketing strategy in the sports and entertainment industry?
- What is fan engagement?
- How might gamification help to boost levels of fan engagement?
- Why might that be important?
- What is promotion?
- What are the different forms of promotion?
- Based on information from this story, describe this NHL promotion from Pepsi.
- What do you think Pepsi hopes to accomplish with this promotion?