Hall of Famers Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and Randy Moss contemplate returning to the field in a new spot.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do businesses and brands sponsor entertainment properties?
- Why would a business or brand want to sponsor the NFL?
- Do you think an NFL sponsorship is expensive? Why or why not?
- TEACHER NOTE: Pepsi spends over $100M per year on its exclusive sponsorship rights with the NFL
- What is exclusivity as it relates to sponsorship?
- What rights does Pepsi have as the Official Soft Drink of the NFL?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is activation important?
- Why do you think Pepsi wanted to incorporate former NFL stars as part of this campaign?
- Tom Brady is famously very health-conscious. Do you think the brand considered that when determining which former players to include in the campaign?
- What is a brand?
- Is Tom Brady a brand?
- Do you think Tom Brady should promote potato chips even though his entire brand is focused on making healthy choices when it comes to nutrition?
- TEACHER NOTE: Google the TB12 Method if you aren’t familiar, and consider reading this story from a few years ago after Brady appeared in a Frito-Lay commercial
- What is licensing?
- An Eminem song is featured in one of the commercials. Can Pepsi use that song with licensing?
- What product is Pepsi promoting with this campaign?
- Why do you think they are promoting that specific product?