Get ready for the rich golfers to get even richer.
The PGA Tour is implementing a $40 million bonus program that will reward the most popular players on tour.
Click here to read the story at yard barker.com.
- Why do you think the PGA Tour is planning to reward the most popular players with a financial bonus?
- According to this story, how much will players have the potential to earn through the bonus pool?
- How will the PGA Tour determine which players are the most popular?
- What is a “Q Rating” and why is that something that might be important to a sports and entertainment marketing professional?
- In your opinion, how might this impact the popularity of PGA Tour events?
- What is competition?
- Based on information from this story, how might the threat of competition have influenced the PGA Tour’s decision to implement a bonus structure?