The PGA Tour plans to create a series of lucrative, international tournaments that will offer guaranteed money to the world’s best players, Golfweek can reveal.
Click here to read the story at golfweek.com.
- Why is a quality product important in sports?
- Based on information from this story, describe the PGA Tour’s new event strategy.
- How might this strategy from the PGA Tour help to improve the product?
- How might that impact the PGA Tour from a business perspective?
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who might represent direct competition for the PGA Tour?
- Based on information from this story, how might this new event series from the PGA Tour be a response to competition?
- What is the difference between event management and event marketing?
- What are some challenges the Tour might face from an event management perspective with the new series of events?
- What are some challenges the Tour might face from an event marketing perspective with the new series of events?
- If you were responsible for marketing the new events, what would your approach be? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.