The Blazers unveiled a new Bigfoot mascot Tuesday night at the Moda Center, digging up and re-imagining a forgotten relic from the past to partner with Blaze the Trail Cat for games, community events and other public appearances.
Click here to read the story at seattletimes.com.
- Why do sports teams have mascots?
- How can they use mascots in marketing?
- How might a mascot represent a sports team’s brand?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, why did the Trail Blazers introduce a second mascot?
- Why is the mascot a Bigfoot character? Why did they name it Douglas Fur?
- What does that have to do with branding?
- Why are mascots valuable to a sports team from a community relations perspective?
- What is the game day experience?
- Why is it important to sports teams?
- How do you think mascots contribute to the game day experience?
- How did that influence the Blazers’ decision to introduce a second mascot?