Teacher Note: Consider downloading the “Super Bowl LVI Economic Impact” PPT from SCC’s website. The content is accessible by clicking the “Bonus Content” link from your account page.
A new report issued by Micronomics Economic Research and Consulting, outlines significant qualitative and quantitative gains for Los Angeles when Los Angeles hosts Super Bowl LVI at the new SoFi Stadium in the City of Inglewood.
Click here to read the story at lasuperbowlhc.com.
- What is a mega event?
- Why do cities like Los Angeles want to host mega events like the Super Bowl?
- What is economic impact?
- What is an economic impact study?
- Who typically conducts these studies?
- Are these studies always accurate and reliable? Why or why not?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect effects as it relates to measuring the economic impact of sports and entertainment events?
- Based on information from this report, how will Super Bowl LVI impact the Los Angeles area economy?
- What challenges might the city of Los Angeles face in hosting this year’s Super Bowl? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.