Major leagues are increasingly planning to balance direct-to-consumer fan relationships (like NFL+) with billion-dollar rights deals from Disney, Comcast or tech giants like Apple and Amazon.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution an important function of marketing?
- How might this news story demonstrate the concept of distribution in marketing?
- What are rights deals?
- Why are rights deals important to businesses like Disney, Comcast, Apple and Amazon?
- Why are those deals important to sports teams and leagues?
- What is a “direct-to-consumer” fan relationship as it relates to rights deals?
- Based on what you read in this news story, describe the dilemma in pro sports as it relates to rights deals.