Paris Saint-Germain President Nasser Al-Khelaifi says the world will be “shocked” by the financial revenues generated by the club’s signing of global soccer superstar Lionel Messi.
Messi signed a two-year deal with PSG, with an option for a third, that will net him an annual salary of $41 million plus bonuses and a reported $30 million signing fee.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is a sports product?
- Why is a quality sports product important to a sports team?
- According to your textbook, what are the two most effective ways a sports team can improve the quality of the product?
- What did PSG do to improve the product?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to a sports team?
- What is an expense?
- According to your textbook, what is the biggest expense a sports team will likely incur? How might this story represent an example?
- Based on information from this story, how will signing Lionel Messi impact the team from a financial perspective?
- Why did Messi leave Barcelona to sign with PSG?
- How might Messi’s departure impact Barcelona moving forward?